History of the Church
The building at 40 Granville Street, St Albans, dates back to 1914.
It has always been a place of worship and was given a Certificate of Worship in January 1916.
It was previously used as a Brethren meeting room.
On the 23rd June 1965 the building was sold to the National Union of Spiritualists (now the SNU) for £5,362, 15 shillings and 5 pence.
Before 1965 the St Albans Spiritualist Movement used to hold meetings in various places. The London Road Spiritualist Church was based at the Odd Fellows Hall and private meetings used to be held at 31 Old London Road.
We are affiliated to Spiritualists' National Union (SNU) and we aim to promote the religion and philosophy of Spiritualism as based on the Seven Principles:-
1. The Fatherhood of God.
2. The Brotherhood of Man.
3. The Communion of Spirits and the Ministry of Angels.
4. The Continuous Existence of the Human Soul.
5. Personal Responsibility.
6. Compensation and Retribution Hereafter for all the Good & Evil Deeds done on Earth.
7. Eternal Progress Open to every Human Soul.
Our Church is available for Naming ceremonies and Funerals